Nigerian arrested with cocaine worth Rs 7 cr at IGI airport
New Delhi: A Nigerian national has been arrested for allegedly smuggling 1.36 kg cocaine, worth about Rs 7 crore, in face lotion bottles at the IGI airport here.
A Customs official said it is the largest ever seizure of the narcotic from the IGI airport.
Acting on an intelligence input, Customs officials intercepted Magret Afolake Adetola on Saturday and carried out a search of her baggage. She had arrived here from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
The 38-year-old woman was found to be carrying 13 plastic bottles of beauty lotions. On inspection, it was found that they were very hard leading to suspicion about its contents, a Customs official said.
"The plastic bottles were cut open. 13 plastic polythene packets containing white powdery substance were found concealed within," he said.
The powder, weighing 1,360 gms, was found to be cocaine, the official said, adding that the consignment is valued at approximately Rs 7 crore in international market.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31