Nigerian arrested with cocaine worth Rs 7 cr at IGI airport
New Delhi: A Nigerian national has been arrested for allegedly smuggling 1.36 kg cocaine, worth about Rs 7 crore, in face lotion bottles at the IGI airport here.
A Customs official said it is the largest ever seizure of the narcotic from the IGI airport.
Acting on an intelligence input, Customs officials intercepted Magret Afolake Adetola on Saturday and carried out a search of her baggage. She had arrived here from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
The 38-year-old woman was found to be carrying 13 plastic bottles of beauty lotions. On inspection, it was found that they were very hard leading to suspicion about its contents, a Customs official said.
"The plastic bottles were cut open. 13 plastic polythene packets containing white powdery substance were found concealed within," he said.
The powder, weighing 1,360 gms, was found to be cocaine, the official said, adding that the consignment is valued at approximately Rs 7 crore in international market.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic
- Will women be allowed to enter Haji Ali shrine? Bombay HC verdict today
- Check out the posters of Sunny Leone’s ‘Beiimaan Love’
- Central team to visit Kashmir to look into infiltration today