Nigerian involved in drug trafficking arrested
New Delhi: A Nigerian national was arrested and 20 grams of fine quality cocaine worth Rs 20 lakh in the international market were recovered from him, police said.
The accused, identified as Emmanuel Nwankwo alias Obina Anaebo, told investigators that he began supplying cocaine after moving to Delhi in 2008, they said.
"Nwankwo, 40, came to Mumbai in October 2008 on double entry business visa to start a textiles business. In December, 2008 he came to Delhi where he met with fellow Nigerian Dalis at a social gathering. Dalis lured him into supply of cocaine," a police official said.
Acting on a tip-off on February 9 that Nwankwo would come to Chhatrasal Stadium in Model Town to deliver a consignment of cocaine, a trap was laid to nab him and he was arrested.
A case under NDPS act has been registered against him. His visa has also expired and therefore appropriate action under Foreigners Act will also taken being against him, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what