Nigerian involved in drug trafficking arrested
New Delhi: A Nigerian national was arrested and 20 grams of fine quality cocaine worth Rs 20 lakh in the international market were recovered from him, police said.
The accused, identified as Emmanuel Nwankwo alias Obina Anaebo, told investigators that he began supplying cocaine after moving to Delhi in 2008, they said.
"Nwankwo, 40, came to Mumbai in October 2008 on double entry business visa to start a textiles business. In December, 2008 he came to Delhi where he met with fellow Nigerian Dalis at a social gathering. Dalis lured him into supply of cocaine," a police official said.
Acting on a tip-off on February 9 that Nwankwo would come to Chhatrasal Stadium in Model Town to deliver a consignment of cocaine, a trap was laid to nab him and he was arrested.
A case under NDPS act has been registered against him. His visa has also expired and therefore appropriate action under Foreigners Act will also taken being against him, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends