This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

Nine boys murder friend; police say it was planned

Last Updated: Monday, March 14, 2011 - 21:19

New Delhi: Nine school students "planned"
the murder of their teenaged friend here after one of them was
enraged at the victim informing his father that he had not
returned Rs 2,500 which he borrowed, police said on Monday.

They allegedly murdered 15-year-old Yash, a Class X
student of Cambridge School in Sriniwaspuri, on Saturday
evening while he was on way to his friend`s place for
`combined study` for the upcoming CBSE examinations.
The incident took place some 100 metres away from the
house of Yash, whose father Manmohan Gupta owns an embroidery
shop in Sadar Bazar.

"We have detained all the nine boys who are friends of
Yash. Though they are not studying in the same school as of
Yash, they became friends as they were staying in the same
locality," Virender Chahal, Additional Commissioner of Police
(South-East), told reporters here.
According to Chahal, one of the accused had borrowed
Rs 2,500 from Yash in December last year which he was asking
him to return. "The accused who had borrowed the money was
agitated that Yash told his father about it.

"He allegedly planned with other friends. None of the
detained boys have any previous criminal background. They are
students of Class IX to XII. They all belong to lower
middle-class," Chahal said.

According to police, a friend had called Yash to his
house for combined study. Initially, he was not keen to go but
due to his friend`s insistence he left for his friend`s

While on way, the official said, Yash was waylaid by
the group and started beating him up. During the scuffle, he
said, one of them allegedly stabbed him in the back and all of
them fled the scene.

After being stabbed, Yash called his friend on mobile
phone and narrated the incident. "He told the friend that he
was stabbed and lying on the road bleeding. His friend
informed Yash`s parents who had then returned home," he said.

Gupta then rushed bleeding Yash to AIIMS from where he
was shifted to Trauma Centre where he succumbed to his
injuries around 9:30 pm, the official said.

The boy, who had borrowed money from Yash, had two
days ago visited Yash`s house to invite them for a function at
his house. The Gupta family had moved to Sriniwaspuri two
years ago.


First Published: Monday, March 14, 2011 - 21:19
comments powered by Disqus