Nirbhaya`s family unhappy with verdict, to appeal in higher court
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The mother of the Delhi gang-rape victim on Saturday expressed unhappiness with the verdict given by the Juvenile Justice Board (JJB), which held the minor accused guilty on all charges and sentenced him to a maximum punishment of three years in a correctional home.
"I do not agree with the verdict," the mother of the victim said outside the court after the judgment was pronounced.
"I have been misled and do not understand the judgment that has been pronounced. If they wanted to sentence him only for three years, then they should have done that long back," she said.
Similar sentiments were echoed by the brother of the victim who felt that the sentence of three years is less.
"We are not satisfied with the verdict. We will appeal against it," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress