Nirbhaya`s family unhappy with verdict, to appeal in higher court
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The mother of the Delhi gang-rape victim on Saturday expressed unhappiness with the verdict given by the Juvenile Justice Board (JJB), which held the minor accused guilty on all charges and sentenced him to a maximum punishment of three years in a correctional home.
"I do not agree with the verdict," the mother of the victim said outside the court after the judgment was pronounced.
"I have been misled and do not understand the judgment that has been pronounced. If they wanted to sentence him only for three years, then they should have done that long back," she said.
Similar sentiments were echoed by the brother of the victim who felt that the sentence of three years is less.
"We are not satisfied with the verdict. We will appeal against it," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves