Nithari killings: Surender Koli gets death penalty in fifth case
Ghaziabad: Surender Koli, key accused in the sensational 2006 Nithari killings, was on Monday awarded death sentence by a special CBI court here which found him guilty of rape and murder of a five-year-old girl, the fifth case for which he has been handed down capital punishment.
Special Judge S Lal pronounced the verdict here sending Koli to gallows for the crime.
The victim had gone missing from outside the house of Koli`s employer Moninder Singh Pandher at Sector 31 in Noida in 2005 and her father had filed complaint with the local police.
Pandher was not an accused in this murder case.
Pandher and his domestic help Koli were arrested on December 29, 2006 after police recovered skeletons and other belongings of the missing girls from the drain.
Koli confessed to killing several girls, including the victim, chopping their body to pieces and throwing them in the backyard and in the drain near the house.
A total of 19 cases were filed and the Central Bureau of Investigation had filed charge sheets in 16 cases. Three cases were closed due to lack of evidence.
Koli was also given capital punishment in February 2009, September 2009, May 2010 and December 2010 for rape and murder in four different cases related to the ghastly killings.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video