Nitish Katara murder: Court issues fresh summons in cases
Ghaziabad: A local court on Wednesday issued fresh summons to former MP DP Yadav and prime witness Ajay Katara`s estranged wife Tanu Chowdhury in two criminal cases in connection with the murder of Nitish Katara.
The order was given by the court of the Chief Judicial Magistrate after the two accused had refused to take earlier summons, complainant Ajay Katara`s lawyer Khalid Khan said.
The next hearing in the matter is in April.
In 2007, Sahibabad police had registered two complaints against Yadav, one of which was printing fake visiting cards on the name of Nitish and misusing these.
The police had submitted a Final Report in both the cases a few months ago but a protest petition was filed against these. Taking this into consideration the court had ordered a fresh probe in the matter.
On January 31, police had submitted a chargesheet against Yadav and Chowdhury in the court of CJM.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees