Nitish Katara murder: Court issues fresh summons in cases
Ghaziabad: A local court on Wednesday issued fresh summons to former MP DP Yadav and prime witness Ajay Katara`s estranged wife Tanu Chowdhury in two criminal cases in connection with the murder of Nitish Katara.
The order was given by the court of the Chief Judicial Magistrate after the two accused had refused to take earlier summons, complainant Ajay Katara`s lawyer Khalid Khan said.
The next hearing in the matter is in April.
In 2007, Sahibabad police had registered two complaints against Yadav, one of which was printing fake visiting cards on the name of Nitish and misusing these.
The police had submitted a Final Report in both the cases a few months ago but a protest petition was filed against these. Taking this into consideration the court had ordered a fresh probe in the matter.
On January 31, police had submitted a chargesheet against Yadav and Chowdhury in the court of CJM.
- Delhi-Faizabad Express derails near Hapur; 70 injured, emergency number issued
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord
- After a half-century wait, first US cruise ship leaves Miami for Cuba
- Tear gas in Paris, Istanbul as tensions erupt on May Day