No breakthrough in BSP MLA`s wife murder case
New Delhi: Police are yet to make any breakthrough in the gruesome killing of a BSP MLA`s wife, who was found dead in her house in New Jafrabad area of North East Delhi.
The Bulandshahr MLA, Haji Aleem, who was supposed to join police investigations today did not turn up for questioning saying he was busy with the last rituals of his wife in Bulandshahar.
A senior police official said if Aleem does not join investigation soon, police will initiate legal action against him.
Rehana (40), who was Aleem`s second wife, was found murdered on Wednesday morning in their New Jafrabad residence. Aleem was out of India on Haj pilgrimage.
Meanwhile, a police official said that they spoke to the family members of Rehana including her brother but nobody pointed out any suspicion on anyone.
A police source also said that they were examining the call details of seven persons including, family members of the deceased, to get a breakthrough in the case.
"We are probing the case with all possible angles including property dispute, personal enmity, robbery and revenge killing. A flat worth Rs 70 lakh could also be a reason of dispute between Rehana and Aleem. The Rs 20 lakh that were allegedly missing from the house could be a trick to mislead investigators," said a senior police official.
The official rubbished media reports that Rehana had filed any case of domestic violence against Aleem with the Woman Cell of Krishna Nagar Police Station.
The official said that before her murder, Rehana last spoke to her sister Farzana and she spoke about family affairs and nothing serious was discussed, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey