No breakthrough in BSP MLA`s wife murder case
New Delhi: Police are yet to make any breakthrough in the gruesome killing of a BSP MLA`s wife, who was found dead in her house in New Jafrabad area of North East Delhi.
The Bulandshahr MLA, Haji Aleem, who was supposed to join police investigations today did not turn up for questioning saying he was busy with the last rituals of his wife in Bulandshahar.
A senior police official said if Aleem does not join investigation soon, police will initiate legal action against him.
Rehana (40), who was Aleem`s second wife, was found murdered on Wednesday morning in their New Jafrabad residence. Aleem was out of India on Haj pilgrimage.
Meanwhile, a police official said that they spoke to the family members of Rehana including her brother but nobody pointed out any suspicion on anyone.
A police source also said that they were examining the call details of seven persons including, family members of the deceased, to get a breakthrough in the case.
"We are probing the case with all possible angles including property dispute, personal enmity, robbery and revenge killing. A flat worth Rs 70 lakh could also be a reason of dispute between Rehana and Aleem. The Rs 20 lakh that were allegedly missing from the house could be a trick to mislead investigators," said a senior police official.
The official rubbished media reports that Rehana had filed any case of domestic violence against Aleem with the Woman Cell of Krishna Nagar Police Station.
The official said that before her murder, Rehana last spoke to her sister Farzana and she spoke about family affairs and nothing serious was discussed, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch