No breakthrough in BSP MLA`s wife murder case
New Delhi: Police are yet to make any breakthrough in the gruesome killing of a BSP MLA`s wife, who was found dead in her house in New Jafrabad area of North East Delhi.
The Bulandshahr MLA, Haji Aleem, who was supposed to join police investigations today did not turn up for questioning saying he was busy with the last rituals of his wife in Bulandshahar.
A senior police official said if Aleem does not join investigation soon, police will initiate legal action against him.
Rehana (40), who was Aleem`s second wife, was found murdered on Wednesday morning in their New Jafrabad residence. Aleem was out of India on Haj pilgrimage.
Meanwhile, a police official said that they spoke to the family members of Rehana including her brother but nobody pointed out any suspicion on anyone.
A police source also said that they were examining the call details of seven persons including, family members of the deceased, to get a breakthrough in the case.
"We are probing the case with all possible angles including property dispute, personal enmity, robbery and revenge killing. A flat worth Rs 70 lakh could also be a reason of dispute between Rehana and Aleem. The Rs 20 lakh that were allegedly missing from the house could be a trick to mislead investigators," said a senior police official.
The official rubbished media reports that Rehana had filed any case of domestic violence against Aleem with the Woman Cell of Krishna Nagar Police Station.
The official said that before her murder, Rehana last spoke to her sister Farzana and she spoke about family affairs and nothing serious was discussed, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know