No breakthrough in French national murder
New Delhi: Investigators on Monday continued to remain clueless about the murder of a French national in a central Delhi guest house despite arresting a Kashmiri youth.
Manzoor Ahmed, who is said to be a handicraft trader, was apprehended from Srinagar yesterday and brought to Delhi for allegedly murdering Lauren (34) in Hindustan Guest House in
central Delhi`s Paharganj.
Lauren`s decomposed body was discovered on April 4 and
her identity was established the next day. She had reached
Delhi on March 30.
Ahmed had booked the room in the guest house and was
Police said they were awaiting for the viscera to
ascertain the exact cause of death. Investigators suspect that
she was strangled.
Sources claimed Ahmed, who was sent to three days police
custody, was changing his statements continuously and they
were yet to ascertain the exact motive behind the murder.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away in Chennai after suffering cardiac arrest; PM Modi pays tribute to Tamil Nadu CM
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what