No compromise on Jan Lokpal Bill: Manish Sisodia
New Delhi: There will be no compromise on the Jan Lokpal Bill, Delhi Education Minister Manish Sisodia said as the Aam Aadmi Party government readied to table the bill in the Assembly on Friday.
"People are asking us what will we do now? However, we just have one pledge and there will be no compromise on the Jan Lokpal Bill," Sisodia said in a tweet.
Later, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal also endorsed and re-tweeted the minister`s tweet. Kejriwal has threatened that if the bill is not passed he would resign.
The AAP government did not introduce the Jan Lokpal bill on the first day of the Delhi Assembly session on Thursday as it wanted to circulate the draft to all the legislators.
The first day of the session specially convened to pass the anti-graft legislation saw a stormy start with the BJP and the Congress repeatedly disrupting the proceeding, leading to the house`s adjournment by Speaker MS Dhir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...