No compromise on Jan Lokpal Bill: Manish Sisodia
New Delhi: There will be no compromise on the Jan Lokpal Bill, Delhi Education Minister Manish Sisodia said as the Aam Aadmi Party government readied to table the bill in the Assembly on Friday.
"People are asking us what will we do now? However, we just have one pledge and there will be no compromise on the Jan Lokpal Bill," Sisodia said in a tweet.
Later, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal also endorsed and re-tweeted the minister`s tweet. Kejriwal has threatened that if the bill is not passed he would resign.
The AAP government did not introduce the Jan Lokpal bill on the first day of the Delhi Assembly session on Thursday as it wanted to circulate the draft to all the legislators.
The first day of the session specially convened to pass the anti-graft legislation saw a stormy start with the BJP and the Congress repeatedly disrupting the proceeding, leading to the house`s adjournment by Speaker MS Dhir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog