No compromise on Jan Lokpal Bill: Manish Sisodia
New Delhi: There will be no compromise on the Jan Lokpal Bill, Delhi Education Minister Manish Sisodia said as the Aam Aadmi Party government readied to table the bill in the Assembly on Friday.
"People are asking us what will we do now? However, we just have one pledge and there will be no compromise on the Jan Lokpal Bill," Sisodia said in a tweet.
Later, Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal also endorsed and re-tweeted the minister`s tweet. Kejriwal has threatened that if the bill is not passed he would resign.
The AAP government did not introduce the Jan Lokpal bill on the first day of the Delhi Assembly session on Thursday as it wanted to circulate the draft to all the legislators.
The first day of the session specially convened to pass the anti-graft legislation saw a stormy start with the BJP and the Congress repeatedly disrupting the proceeding, leading to the house`s adjournment by Speaker MS Dhir.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees