No decision yet on Delhi CM candidate: Gadkari
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Bharatiya Janata Party leader Nitin Gadkari on Wednesday said that the party has not yet taken a decision on the candidate for Delhi chief minister post.
Gadkari, who is the poll in-charge of the Delhi unit, dismissed reports doing rounds that party`s senior leader and former minister Harsh Vardhan is the front runner for the post. The former party president further said that the final decision will be taken by the BJP Parliamentary Board.
Gadkari’s statement comes after highly-placed party sources said on Tuesday that BJP leader Harsh Vardhan is the party`s "front runner" for the post of Delhi chief minister while state party president Vijay Goel has been dumped.
"He (Harsh Vardhan) is the front runner for the post," a top source told a news agency.
The Assembly Elections will be held in the national capital on December 04 with over 11.5 million voters eligible to cast their ballots in 70 constituencies.
Last month, three surveys conducted by a private agency, Sisro Associates, with technical assistance from Yogendra Yadav has projected that AAP will garner 32 percent vote share. The Congress and the BJP will end up with 24 and 23 percent votes respectively. And if this happens, then the growing unrest within BJP`s Delhi wing will scuttle its chances to seize power from Congress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Australian entrepreneur Craig Wright identifies himself as Bitcoin founder
- US presidential election headed for Trump-Hillary clash in November: Reports
- Sri Lanka's TID arrests former Tamil Tiger cadre
- Subramanian Swamy heaps praise on PM Narendra Modi over functioning in Parliament - Here's what he said
- ‘Baywatch’ babe Priyanka Chopra shares sizzling hot pic on Dwayne Johnson’s birthday