No decision yet on govt formation in Delhi: BJP`s Nitin Gadkari
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Former BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Wednesday said that his party has not yet taken a decision on forming government in Delhi.
The Transport Minister has, meanwhile, called a meeting of BJP MLAs at his residence today.
Gadkari`s statement came amid reports that the BJP is trying to form government in Delhi with the help of turncoat AAP and Congress MLAs.
At present, the Delhi Legislative Assembly is in suspended animation and President’s rule had been imposed in the national capital owing to AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal`s resignation as CM after a 49-day long rule.
There were reports on Tuesday claiming that several MLAs from the Congress and the AAP have been receiving phone calls, financial incentives in order to join BJP to form the government in Delhi. BJP was said to form government without going for fresh elections.
The report had further claimed that if the BJP takes a call on forming the government in the capital, then the CM`s post could be given to either Badarpur MLA Rambir Singh Bidhuri or Janakpuri MLA Professor Jagadish Mukhi.
According to Article 356 of the Indian Constitution, if no party claims stake to form government for a period of six months since the imposition of President`s Rule, the state will have to go for fresh polls unless both Houses of Parliament agree to another extension of six months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra