No decision yet on govt formation in Delhi: BJP`s Nitin Gadkari
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Former BJP president Nitin Gadkari on Wednesday said that his party has not yet taken a decision on forming government in Delhi.
The Transport Minister has, meanwhile, called a meeting of BJP MLAs at his residence today.
Gadkari`s statement came amid reports that the BJP is trying to form government in Delhi with the help of turncoat AAP and Congress MLAs.
At present, the Delhi Legislative Assembly is in suspended animation and President’s rule had been imposed in the national capital owing to AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal`s resignation as CM after a 49-day long rule.
There were reports on Tuesday claiming that several MLAs from the Congress and the AAP have been receiving phone calls, financial incentives in order to join BJP to form the government in Delhi. BJP was said to form government without going for fresh elections.
The report had further claimed that if the BJP takes a call on forming the government in the capital, then the CM`s post could be given to either Badarpur MLA Rambir Singh Bidhuri or Janakpuri MLA Professor Jagadish Mukhi.
According to Article 356 of the Indian Constitution, if no party claims stake to form government for a period of six months since the imposition of President`s Rule, the state will have to go for fresh polls unless both Houses of Parliament agree to another extension of six months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145