No differences between Gadkari, Modi: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Thursday tried to downplay reports that party president Nitin Gadkari and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi were hardly on talking terms, saying there were no differences between them and the organisation was functioning smoothly.
Gadkari has reportedly said in an interview that there is a problem between him and Modi and till their chance meeting at a wedding, they had not talked to each other for several months.
The party, however, tried to make light of the comments.
"Differences is not the right word. There are absolutely no differences. Other than what Mr Gadkari has already said on this issue, I do not want to add anything.
The party is functioning normally and we are going from strength to strength," BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman said.
She asked the media not to "create" differences where none existed.
The BJP leader maintained that party strategies on how to win elections and what should be done for it cannot be discussed in the media.
"How party will win the elections? What it will do to win are issues which cannot be discussed in the media so we will answer such questions at the proper time," she said.
On the issue of who will be BJP`s next president and whether Gadkari will be given another term, Sitharaman said such matters are not on the table for the party at the moment.
"Party is today running as a very successful alternative to the Congress. It has seen the MCD elections coming through with a very clear mandate. We are concentrating on these issues. Today is not the time to discuss who the future president will be," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state