No electricity tariff hike for Delhiites till July
New Delhi: With the power regulatory body refusing to increase the power-purchase cost adjustment charges as demanded by the discoms, Delhiites can breathe a sigh of
relief till July.
The Delhi Electricity Regulatory Commission(DERC) has directed the discoms to continue with the existing rates that is between 6 to 8 per cent.
DERC will also take a final call about the annual tariff revision in July.
"We have allowed 6 per cent of power-purchase cost adjustment surcharge to the discom BSES Rajdhani Power Limited (BRPL), 7 per cent to Tata Power Delhi Distribution Limited
(TPDDL) and 8 per cent to the BSES Yamuna Power Limited (BYPL) which are the existing rates.
"This was the same for the last quarter too," said P D Sudhakar, chairman of DERC.
Recently, discoms had asked for a 14 and 15 per cent increase in the surcharge.
This comes as a relief to the power consumers of the National capital who are experiencing a tough time with increased electricity bills after the subsidy offered by the previous AAP government to all those consuming up to 400 units got over.
Till July, Sudhakar said that there will be no increase in the power tariffs.
"We also have to keep in mind the consumer`s interest. If there is any balance amount it can be considered during the annual exercise," Sudhakar said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof