No grudge against man who threw ink on me: Ramdev
New Delhi: Yoga guru Ramdev Tuesday told a Delhi court that he has no "grudge" against the man, who had thrown black ink on his face while he was addressing a press conference here last year, and pardoned him.
Ramdev, who appeared before the court to depose as a witness in the case in which Delhi resident Kamran Siddiqui is facing trial for throwing ink on him, told the judge that he did not want the accused to be punished.
"I am a `fakir` (saint). I want to pardon him (Siddiqui). He should give in writing that he will not indulge in such acts in future. I do not have any grudges against him but what he did was wrong," Ramdev told Metropolitan Magistrate (MM) Ambika Singh.
After Ramdev told the court that he had pardoned Siddiqui, the judge asked the accused to apologise to the yoga guru.
Siddiqui thereafter apologised saying, "I am shameful for my act and I undertake not to do such thing in future."
"What I did was wrong. Please forgive me. I admit my fault," Siddiqui said and touched the feet of the yoga guru in the court room.
Siddiqui`s counsel Kamran Malik also told the court that his client has admitted his fault and has tendered apology to Ramdev and they will also file an apology in writing.
Siddiqui is facing trial for the offences under sections 355 (assault or criminal force with intent to dishonour a person) and 153 (giving provocation with intent to cause riot) of the IPC for throwing black ink on Ramdev`s face when he was addressing the press on January 14 last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days