No grudge against man who threw ink on me: Ramdev
New Delhi: Yoga guru Ramdev Tuesday told a Delhi court that he has no "grudge" against the man, who had thrown black ink on his face while he was addressing a press conference here last year, and pardoned him.
Ramdev, who appeared before the court to depose as a witness in the case in which Delhi resident Kamran Siddiqui is facing trial for throwing ink on him, told the judge that he did not want the accused to be punished.
"I am a `fakir` (saint). I want to pardon him (Siddiqui). He should give in writing that he will not indulge in such acts in future. I do not have any grudges against him but what he did was wrong," Ramdev told Metropolitan Magistrate (MM) Ambika Singh.
After Ramdev told the court that he had pardoned Siddiqui, the judge asked the accused to apologise to the yoga guru.
Siddiqui thereafter apologised saying, "I am shameful for my act and I undertake not to do such thing in future."
"What I did was wrong. Please forgive me. I admit my fault," Siddiqui said and touched the feet of the yoga guru in the court room.
Siddiqui`s counsel Kamran Malik also told the court that his client has admitted his fault and has tendered apology to Ramdev and they will also file an apology in writing.
Siddiqui is facing trial for the offences under sections 355 (assault or criminal force with intent to dishonour a person) and 153 (giving provocation with intent to cause riot) of the IPC for throwing black ink on Ramdev`s face when he was addressing the press on January 14 last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- No alliance with JD-U in Bihar: BJP
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Preity Zinta missed crew of 'ABCD 2' on 'Nach Baliye 7'
- Congress comes out with scathing 'report card' on PM Narendra Modi's 1yr rule