No headway in Vasant Kunj murder probe
New Delhi: Delhi Police made no headway on Sunday
in the probe into the murder of a 20-year-old IT student in an
upscale city locality though investigators questioned 25
people, including the parents of a school girl with whom the
youth was in a relationship.
Twenty-year-old Shobhit Modi was found with multiple stab
wounds by a security guard of his colony in Vasant Kunj in
south Delhi on Friday night. He was rushed to a hospital by
his family where he was declared brought dead.
Police are working on all angles but are yet to make any
headway, a senior official said.
Investigators questioned 25 people, including a number of
friends of Shobhit as well as the parents of his girlfriend.
The boy`s family alleged that the girl`s relatives had
threatened Shobhit some time ago over their relationship
though the girl`s family has denied this.
Shobhit was said to have met the girl along with some
other friends at a mall in Vasant Kunj some time before he was
The police have already reconstructed the scene of crime
in Vasant Kunj and looked into the Shobhit`s Facebook page for
clues. They are also probing the angle of road rage.
Shobhit`s iPhone, costly wristwatch and cash had not been
taken away and this had led police to arrive at the conclusion
that robbery was not the motive for the murder.
The boy was a second year student of Information
Technology in Manav Rachna University in Faridabad. His father
is a general manager in Mines and Minerals Trading
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees