No headway in Vasant Kunj murder probe
New Delhi: Delhi Police made no headway on Sunday
in the probe into the murder of a 20-year-old IT student in an
upscale city locality though investigators questioned 25
people, including the parents of a school girl with whom the
youth was in a relationship.
Twenty-year-old Shobhit Modi was found with multiple stab
wounds by a security guard of his colony in Vasant Kunj in
south Delhi on Friday night. He was rushed to a hospital by
his family where he was declared brought dead.
Police are working on all angles but are yet to make any
headway, a senior official said.
Investigators questioned 25 people, including a number of
friends of Shobhit as well as the parents of his girlfriend.
The boy`s family alleged that the girl`s relatives had
threatened Shobhit some time ago over their relationship
though the girl`s family has denied this.
Shobhit was said to have met the girl along with some
other friends at a mall in Vasant Kunj some time before he was
The police have already reconstructed the scene of crime
in Vasant Kunj and looked into the Shobhit`s Facebook page for
clues. They are also probing the angle of road rage.
Shobhit`s iPhone, costly wristwatch and cash had not been
taken away and this had led police to arrive at the conclusion
that robbery was not the motive for the murder.
The boy was a second year student of Information
Technology in Manav Rachna University in Faridabad. His father
is a general manager in Mines and Minerals Trading
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Delhi horror: Pedophile held for sexually assaulting 600 girls
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre