No "indiscriminate" sealing: Delhi govt to MCD
New Delhi: Following complaints by a section
of traders, Delhi government on Monday asked MCD not to carry out
sealing and demolition in Karol Bagh and some other areas of
the city "indiscriminately".
Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, however, said sealing and
demolition of unauthorised constructions are totally under the
domain of MCD and government has just conveyed its opinion on
the issue to the civic body.
"It is in MCD`s domain. We cannot do it. We have told
them that sealing and demolition should not be
indiscriminate," Dikshit told reporters.
Traders in Karol Bagh and Paharganj had requested the
government to direct MCD not to continue with the sealing and
demolition drive in their areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city