No "indiscriminate" sealing: Delhi govt to MCD
New Delhi: Following complaints by a section
of traders, Delhi government on Monday asked MCD not to carry out
sealing and demolition in Karol Bagh and some other areas of
the city "indiscriminately".
Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, however, said sealing and
demolition of unauthorised constructions are totally under the
domain of MCD and government has just conveyed its opinion on
the issue to the civic body.
"It is in MCD`s domain. We cannot do it. We have told
them that sealing and demolition should not be
indiscriminate," Dikshit told reporters.
Traders in Karol Bagh and Paharganj had requested the
government to direct MCD not to continue with the sealing and
demolition drive in their areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok