No "indiscriminate" sealing: Delhi govt to MCD
New Delhi: Following complaints by a section
of traders, Delhi government on Monday asked MCD not to carry out
sealing and demolition in Karol Bagh and some other areas of
the city "indiscriminately".
Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, however, said sealing and
demolition of unauthorised constructions are totally under the
domain of MCD and government has just conveyed its opinion on
the issue to the civic body.
"It is in MCD`s domain. We cannot do it. We have told
them that sealing and demolition should not be
indiscriminate," Dikshit told reporters.
Traders in Karol Bagh and Paharganj had requested the
government to direct MCD not to continue with the sealing and
demolition drive in their areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka