No "indiscriminate" sealing: Delhi govt to MCD
New Delhi: Following complaints by a section
of traders, Delhi government on Monday asked MCD not to carry out
sealing and demolition in Karol Bagh and some other areas of
the city "indiscriminately".
Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, however, said sealing and
demolition of unauthorised constructions are totally under the
domain of MCD and government has just conveyed its opinion on
the issue to the civic body.
"It is in MCD`s domain. We cannot do it. We have told
them that sealing and demolition should not be
indiscriminate," Dikshit told reporters.
Traders in Karol Bagh and Paharganj had requested the
government to direct MCD not to continue with the sealing and
demolition drive in their areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt