No leads yet in murder of theatre personality, wife
New Delhi: Police were on Wednesday groping in the dark for clues in the brutal murder of a well-known theatre personality, Radhakrishen Bararoo, and his wife, Durga Devi, in their house in east Delhi.
75-year-old Bararoo, whose passion was theatre, organised a large number of plays in Kashmir Valley in the 1960s. He later joined the Song and Drama Division of Information and Broadcasting Ministry and retired as Director in Delhi in 1999.
Bararoo and Devi were found lying in a pool of blood in their Shakarpur residence last evening and their house was found ransacked.
A senior police official said it appeared to be a case of robbery-cum-murder.
However, investigators said they were yet to find any clue and are questioning several people in connection with the case.
"It was a friendly entry into the house. The house was ransacked. We feel that three-four people were behind the attack," the official said.
They were staying in the first floor of a multi-storey building while the tenants were staying on the other floors.
The couple, who were last seen at around 2 PM yesterday, is survived by three children.
Investigators are questioning the domestic helps who worked with the couple. Five domestic helps have worked with the family in the past five months.
Police said that Durga had health problems due to which she required special care.
Investigators said they were also talking to tenants to find out the details about those who visited the couple since Tuesday afternoon.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed