‘No need to worry over others military buildup’
New Delhi: Amid reports of Chinese military
buildup along Indian boundary, Defence Minister AK Antony
on Tuesday said there is no need to be unduly worried over military
and infrastructure modernisation programmes of other
Antony said the efforts should be instead on improving
the country`s infrastructure.
"We are aware of some nations augmenting infrastructure
and modernising their military capabilities. Instead of unduly
worrying over this we must improve our infrastructure at a
steady pace. At the moment, we are doing that," Antony
He was addressing the silver jubilee function of the
Army Aviation Corps.
Observing that the challenges to be faced by the armed
forces in future would range from terrorism and internal
disturbances to asymmetric and conventional warfare, Antony
said, "The non-conventional threat of terrorism poses a threat
to the global peace and all nations have to unite to tackle
these evil designs."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city