‘No need to worry over others military buildup’
New Delhi: Amid reports of Chinese military
buildup along Indian boundary, Defence Minister AK Antony
on Tuesday said there is no need to be unduly worried over military
and infrastructure modernisation programmes of other
Antony said the efforts should be instead on improving
the country`s infrastructure.
"We are aware of some nations augmenting infrastructure
and modernising their military capabilities. Instead of unduly
worrying over this we must improve our infrastructure at a
steady pace. At the moment, we are doing that," Antony
He was addressing the silver jubilee function of the
Army Aviation Corps.
Observing that the challenges to be faced by the armed
forces in future would range from terrorism and internal
disturbances to asymmetric and conventional warfare, Antony
said, "The non-conventional threat of terrorism poses a threat
to the global peace and all nations have to unite to tackle
these evil designs."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!