No. of power consumers rises to 40.47 L in Delhi
New Delhi: Nearly 2.70 lakh new consumers
were given electricity connection in 2010-11, taking the total
number of power consumers to 40.47 lakh in the city.
As per latest Delhi Government statistics, a total of
2,58,264 domestic consumers were added while number of new
commercial connections given in 2010-11 was 48,155.
The total number of domestic power consumers has been
estimated at 32.86 lakh as on March 31 while the figure for
commercial consumers is 7.04 lakh.
The number of power connection given under industrial
category has increased to 67,549 in 2010-11 as against 63,531
The total number of elctricity connection in the city in
2003-04 was 26.88 lakh which has gone upto 40.47 lakh in
The number of domestic consumers in the city has gone up
by almost 10 lakh in the last six years as number of domestic
consumers was just 21.97 lakh in 2003-04 as against 32.58 lakh
A total of over three lakh commercial consumers were
added in the last six years.
Reliance Infrastructure-backed discoms BSES Yamuna Power
Ltd and BSES Rajdhani Power Ltd provide power to around 27
lakh consumers while Tata-backed discom NDPL and NDMC supply
power to rest of the consumers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation