`No order from Home Ministry to Neeraj Kumar to go on leave`
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Monday refuted reports that Commissioner Neeraj Kumar has been asked to go on leave by the Union Home Ministry following criticism over the handling of law and order situation in the capital.
There was no such order from the Ministry asking the Commissioner to go on leave, Delhi Police spokesperson Rajan Bhagat said.
Kumar drew flak following the rape of a five-year-old girl in east Delhi, with protesters demanding his removal from the post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS