`No order from Home Ministry to Neeraj Kumar to go on leave`
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Monday refuted reports that Commissioner Neeraj Kumar has been asked to go on leave by the Union Home Ministry following criticism over the handling of law and order situation in the capital.
There was no such order from the Ministry asking the Commissioner to go on leave, Delhi Police spokesperson Rajan Bhagat said.
Kumar drew flak following the rape of a five-year-old girl in east Delhi, with protesters demanding his removal from the post.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living