`No order from Home Ministry to Neeraj Kumar to go on leave`
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Monday refuted reports that Commissioner Neeraj Kumar has been asked to go on leave by the Union Home Ministry following criticism over the handling of law and order situation in the capital.
There was no such order from the Ministry asking the Commissioner to go on leave, Delhi Police spokesperson Rajan Bhagat said.
Kumar drew flak following the rape of a five-year-old girl in east Delhi, with protesters demanding his removal from the post.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'