No parking facility at Akhsardham Metro station till CWG
New Delhi: Delhi Metro commuters will not be
able to keep their vehicles at the parking facility in
Akshardham station from Monday till the end of the
Commonwealth Games next month.
Delhi Metro decided to close the parking facility at the
Metro station, which witnesses very high footfall on weekdays,
after Delhi Police issued an advisory to it in this regard.
The parking lot will be closed from Monday till the end
of the Games in mid-October.
"This step has been taken by the Delhi Police due to
security concerns since the Commonwealth Games Village is very
close to the Akshardham Metro station," DMRC spokesman Anuj
However, he said, parking facility will be available at
Metro stations adjoining the Akshardham Metro station like
Yamuna Bank and Mayur Vihar I stations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’