No platform tickets at New Delhi Railway station
New Delhi: Following the stampede at the New Delhi Railway station that claimed two lives and injured seven others on Sunday, the railway authorities have decided to stop the sale of platform tickets from Monday to control the crowd.
It has been reported that the railways is also planning to shift more east-bound trains from the New Delhi Station to the newly-constructed Anand Vihar Terminal to ease the summer rush.
Trains going to West Bengal, Bihar, Orissa and Jharkhand may also be shifted to this station.
The stampede occurred at the crowded New Delhi railway station soon after the announcement of change of platforms of two trains - Delhi-Muzaffarpur Sapt Kranti Express and Delhi-Bhagalpur Vikramshila Express.
Railway Minister Mamata Banerjee has appointed a new four-member panel to probe the stampede.
Earlier, a three-member panel was constituted, but it was disbanded and replaced with an upgraded committee consisting of senior officials.
Banerjee has also announced a compensation of Rs two lakhs to the next of kin of the deceased and Rs 50,000 for the injured. Railways will also pay Rs 15,000 to those, who suffered minor injuries in the incident.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know