No possibility of NC allying with BJP: Omar
New Delhi: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Friday ruled out possibility of an alliance between National Conference and NDA, saying their previous association was only due to his party`s relationship with former Prime Minister and BJP stalwart Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
"The National Conference and the NDA were unnatural allies...Therefore I do not see a possibility of the NC returning to the NDA fold. The relationship between NC and NDA was (due to) the relationship between the NC and Atal Bihari Vajpayee. He was a sort of leader that brought people together," Omar told mediapersons during an interaction at Press Club here.
He said it was not a relationship between the NC and the BJP.
"It was a relationship between NC and the NDA, the NDA headed by Atal Bihari Vajpayee. No matter how carefully I look, I don`t see anybody in the NDA, particularly in the BJP who is even close to the credentials of Atal Bihari Vajpayee. And unless such a leader is thrown up by the NDA, the possibility of the NC returning (to the alliance) does not exist," he said.
The National Conference was a part of Vajpayee led-NDA government, which was in power from 1998 to 2004. However, the Kashmir-based party had later snapped ties with the BJP-led alliance.
To a question on supporting NDA if it is headed by Bihar Chief Minister and JD(U) leader Nitish Kumar, Omar refused to respond saying it was a "hypothetical situation".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly