No power shortage during Games: Dikshit
New Delhi: Rejecting apprehension about
possible power shortage during the Commonwealth Games, Chief
Minister Sheila Dikshit today said the city will not face any
power cuts during the mega sporting event next month.
Dikshit, addressing a function, said there would not be
any power shortage in the city as government has already made
arrangements to ensure uninterrupted supply of electricity
during the event.
"The city government has made arrangements to ensure
ample power during the Games. In fact, the city has surplus
power today," she said, adding Delhi has also been getting
power from NTPC`s Dadri plant.
The city faced long power cuts during June and July as
daily power demand had soared beyond 4,600 megawatt on many
Dikshit said generation of power in 1,500 MW gas-based
Bawana power plant will commence soon.
Earlier Dikshit released a Citizens` Charter for BSES
consumers at the function. The Charter lists various consumer
rights and options for grievance redressal.
Dikshit said the release of Citizens` Charter is a step
forward in empowerment of consumers as they will become aware
of their rights.
"The charter will go a long way in enhancing consumer
satisfaction. It is also an excellent model to replicate in
all such public services," she said.
Dikshit asked the discoms to set new benchmarks in
standards of performance, governance, transparency and
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic