No proposal under consideration for statehood to Delhi: Govt
New Delhi: There is no proposal before the Union government to accord statehood to Delhi, Rajya Sabha was informed on Wednesday.
In a written reply to a question asked by Rajya Sabha member Vijay Goel, Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju said, "At present, no proposal is under consideration of the Union government to accord statehood to Delhi."
The BJP in its manifesto for the last Assembly elections had promised full statehood for Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Watch: Special 'Justice League' Comic-Con 2016 footage will give you goosebumps!
- Air India to get 6 more Boeing Dreamliners by next year
- AAP has very close links with radicals: Sukhbir Singh Badal
- AAP has very close links with radicals, alleges Sukhbir Singh Badal
- Donald Trump says EU formed 'to beat US at making money'