No proposal under consideration for statehood to Delhi: Govt
New Delhi: There is no proposal before the Union government to accord statehood to Delhi, Rajya Sabha was informed on Wednesday.
In a written reply to a question asked by Rajya Sabha member Vijay Goel, Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju said, "At present, no proposal is under consideration of the Union government to accord statehood to Delhi."
The BJP in its manifesto for the last Assembly elections had promised full statehood for Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured