No proposal under consideration for statehood to Delhi: Govt
New Delhi: There is no proposal before the Union government to accord statehood to Delhi, Rajya Sabha was informed on Wednesday.
In a written reply to a question asked by Rajya Sabha member Vijay Goel, Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju said, "At present, no proposal is under consideration of the Union government to accord statehood to Delhi."
The BJP in its manifesto for the last Assembly elections had promised full statehood for Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh