No proposal under consideration for statehood to Delhi: Govt
New Delhi: There is no proposal before the Union government to accord statehood to Delhi, Rajya Sabha was informed on Wednesday.
In a written reply to a question asked by Rajya Sabha member Vijay Goel, Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju said, "At present, no proposal is under consideration of the Union government to accord statehood to Delhi."
The BJP in its manifesto for the last Assembly elections had promised full statehood for Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH