No respite from cold in national capital
New Delhi: There was no respite from cold in the national capital Tuesday with the minimum temperature settling three degrees below normal, a day after dropping to a new low for the month of December in the last 17 years.
The minimum temperature was recorded at 4 degree Celsius, three degrees below normal but 1.6 degrees higher than yesterday`s 2.4 deg C.
The Met office said the city received 6.4 millimetres of rainfall in the last 24 hours which has intensified the cold condition.
The maximum temperature in the last 24 hours was recorded at 19.7 which is one degree below normal.
The MeT department said the spell of intense cold would continue tomorrow and there may be one or two spells of rain in certain areas later in the day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them