No respite from heat in capital
New Delhi: There was no respite for Delhiites from searing heat today as mercury remained at above normal levels.
However, there could be some relief tomorrow with the Weather office predicting light rains in the capital which has been experiencing heatwave conditions for the past couple of days.
The maximum came down a bit to 42.1 deg C from yesterday`s 42.4 deg C, but it was still five degrees above normal for this time of the year.
The minimum rose to 33.3 deg C, also five degrees above normal, from yesterday`s 32.4 deg C.
The humidity was recorded between 28 and 42 per cent.
The MeT department has predicted partly cloudy sky for tomorrow with temperature oscillating between 32 and 41 deg C.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Hope intellectuals from India, China take part in Mind and Life conference: Dalai Lama
- Despite carnage, Syria`s Aleppo not in fighting `freeze`
- AP Board SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- Deal reached in Ireland to form minority government: Party
- Venkaiah Naidu, Siddaramaiah flag off south India's first underground Metro