No respite from heat in capital
New Delhi: There was no respite for Delhiites from searing heat today as mercury remained at above normal levels.
However, there could be some relief tomorrow with the Weather office predicting light rains in the capital which has been experiencing heatwave conditions for the past couple of days.
The maximum came down a bit to 42.1 deg C from yesterday`s 42.4 deg C, but it was still five degrees above normal for this time of the year.
The minimum rose to 33.3 deg C, also five degrees above normal, from yesterday`s 32.4 deg C.
The humidity was recorded between 28 and 42 per cent.
The MeT department has predicted partly cloudy sky for tomorrow with temperature oscillating between 32 and 41 deg C.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- 33 killed in renewed clashes across Yemen
- 'North Korea now a nuclear threat to be reckoned with, Washington can expect more nuclear tests and missile launches'
- Two killed, 100 homes destroyed by fast-moving California wildfire
- 14 dead due to sudden flooding in US state of West Virginia
- Barack Obama designates first US LGBT national monument