No respites from cold in Delhi as mercury stay below normal
New Delhi: There was no respite from cold and dense fog for Delhiites on Wednesday as mercury dipped two degrees below normal to stay at 4.8 degree Celsius.
A thick blanket of fog accompanied by icy winds left people in the national capital shivering.
Flight operations were also disrupted as there was a drop in runway visibility.Dense fog partially disrupted the schedule of over 30 flights, including diversion of an international flight to Mumbai.
Yesterday, the minimum was recorded at four degrees Celsius, three notches below normal, making it the coldest morning of the season.
The maximum was registered at 15.3 degree Celsius, five degrees below normal.
The Weatherman had predicted mainly clear skies with mist or fog in the morning for today with maximum hovering around 16 degree Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened