No respites from cold in Delhi as mercury stay below normal
New Delhi: There was no respite from cold and dense fog for Delhiites on Wednesday as mercury dipped two degrees below normal to stay at 4.8 degree Celsius.
A thick blanket of fog accompanied by icy winds left people in the national capital shivering.
Flight operations were also disrupted as there was a drop in runway visibility.Dense fog partially disrupted the schedule of over 30 flights, including diversion of an international flight to Mumbai.
Yesterday, the minimum was recorded at four degrees Celsius, three notches below normal, making it the coldest morning of the season.
The maximum was registered at 15.3 degree Celsius, five degrees below normal.
The Weatherman had predicted mainly clear skies with mist or fog in the morning for today with maximum hovering around 16 degree Celsius.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you