No sealing of shops in Delhi before June 30
New Delhi: In a good news for city traders,
the Municipal Corporation of Delhi (MCD) Monday said there will
be no sealing of shopping centres for conversion fee dues
before June 30, the last date for the payment of the charges.
"There is no question of sealing the units before June 30
as that is the last date for payment of conversion charges,"
Additional Commissioner R K Srivastava told a meeting of the
MCD Standing Committee.
The meeting saw several Councillors raising the issue of
New chairman of Standing Committee Yogender Chandolia
said the traders wanting to pay conversion should be given
time to do so. "A notice should be given to them and the
system of collecting the charges at the MCD zones should be
"We do not want to put the additional burden of sealing
on citizens," Chandolia said.
The Supreme Court-appointed monitoring committee on
sealing of unauthorised commercial establishments had earlier
given directions to the MCD to begin sealing local shopping
centres not paying conversion charges from June 1 itself.
However, MCD officials had said there is confusion about
the amount of conversion charge. "We will have to make clear
things like the amount of conversion charge to be paid by
these centres as the Delhi Development Authority (DDA) is
yet to notify that," they had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs