No timeline for deportation of Fasih: Delhi Police chief
New Delhi: Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar on Thursday said he cannot give a time-frame for the deportation of Fasih Mohammed, allegedly involved in Bangalore and Delhi blasts, from Saudi Arabia as it involves legal issues.
"It can happen tomorrow, it can happen after a month. I cannot say. It involves various issues. There are legal frameworks. It is not a simple issue," he told reporters here today responding to a question on when Fasih would be extradited to India.
India has been in regular touch with Saudi Arabia for Fasih`s deportation.
An engineer by profession, 28-year old Fasih from Bihar was allegedly involved in the Chinnaswamy Stadium blast in Bangalore and the shooting incident near Jama Masjid (Delhi) in 2010 and is wanted by both Delhi and Karnataka Police.
At the request of Karnataka and Delhi Police, CBI had asked the Interpol to issue a Red Corner Notice against Fasih, after which Saudi authorities have conveyed that he has been apprehended by them.
Fasih had reportedly been missing and his wife Nikhat Parveen approached the Supreme Court claiming her husband was in the custody of central security agencies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!