No toll tax during peak hours on Gurgaon e-way
Chandigarh: The Punjab and Haryana High Court on Friday ordered that private vehicles plying on the Gurgaon-Delhi Expressway be exempted from paying toll tax during peak hours – from 8.30 am to 10 am and from 5.30 pm to 7 pm – beginning Saturday.
During the rest of the day, toll can be collected from private vehicles.
However, the order will be valid for only for four days as the HC will again hear the case on Wednesday.
While issuing the order, the HC today vacated the stay over collection of toll tax by the concessionaire, Delhi Gurgaon Super Connectivity Limited (DGSCL), from private vehicles on the Expressway.
In its September 04 order, the HC had restrained the concessionaire from collecting toll tax from all vehicles on the Expressway. However, on September 20 it allowed the concessionaire to begin charging toll from commercial vehicles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed