No toll tax during peak hours on Gurgaon e-way
Chandigarh: The Punjab and Haryana High Court on Friday ordered that private vehicles plying on the Gurgaon-Delhi Expressway be exempted from paying toll tax during peak hours – from 8.30 am to 10 am and from 5.30 pm to 7 pm – beginning Saturday.
During the rest of the day, toll can be collected from private vehicles.
However, the order will be valid for only for four days as the HC will again hear the case on Wednesday.
While issuing the order, the HC today vacated the stay over collection of toll tax by the concessionaire, Delhi Gurgaon Super Connectivity Limited (DGSCL), from private vehicles on the Expressway.
In its September 04 order, the HC had restrained the concessionaire from collecting toll tax from all vehicles on the Expressway. However, on September 20 it allowed the concessionaire to begin charging toll from commercial vehicles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Mumbai Police recovers car used in Sheena's murder; Indrani, Sanjeev, driver to be taken to crime spot in Raigad