No toll tax during peak hours on Gurgaon e-way
Chandigarh: The Punjab and Haryana High Court on Friday ordered that private vehicles plying on the Gurgaon-Delhi Expressway be exempted from paying toll tax during peak hours – from 8.30 am to 10 am and from 5.30 pm to 7 pm – beginning Saturday.
During the rest of the day, toll can be collected from private vehicles.
However, the order will be valid for only for four days as the HC will again hear the case on Wednesday.
While issuing the order, the HC today vacated the stay over collection of toll tax by the concessionaire, Delhi Gurgaon Super Connectivity Limited (DGSCL), from private vehicles on the Expressway.
In its September 04 order, the HC had restrained the concessionaire from collecting toll tax from all vehicles on the Expressway. However, on September 20 it allowed the concessionaire to begin charging toll from commercial vehicles.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview