No toll tax during peak hours on Gurgaon e-way
Chandigarh: The Punjab and Haryana High Court on Friday ordered that private vehicles plying on the Gurgaon-Delhi Expressway be exempted from paying toll tax during peak hours – from 8.30 am to 10 am and from 5.30 pm to 7 pm – beginning Saturday.
During the rest of the day, toll can be collected from private vehicles.
However, the order will be valid for only for four days as the HC will again hear the case on Wednesday.
While issuing the order, the HC today vacated the stay over collection of toll tax by the concessionaire, Delhi Gurgaon Super Connectivity Limited (DGSCL), from private vehicles on the Expressway.
In its September 04 order, the HC had restrained the concessionaire from collecting toll tax from all vehicles on the Expressway. However, on September 20 it allowed the concessionaire to begin charging toll from commercial vehicles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation