No video conferencing proceedings in Delhi blasts cases
New Delhi: The court proceedings in Delhi
serial blasts cases would not be conducted through video
conferencing as the authorities of Ahmedabad jail, where 11
accused are now lodged, today told a court here that no such
facility was available with them.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Kaveri Baweja disposed of
the application filed by the Delhi Police which had said that
since the accused were not being produced in the courts
despite production warrants, the jail authorities of different
states may be directed to arrange their production through
video conferencing in the interest of justice in the cases
"Since there is a message from Sabarmati central jail
authorities that the video conferencing facility is available
only in respect of Ahmedabad courts, the application filed by
the Delhi Police is disposed of," the court said.
In contrast, the Maharashtra jail authorities had
replied to a court query in this regard stating that they
could make available video conferencing facilities from Arthur
Road jail where a few of the accused were then lodged for
their case pending before a MCOCA court.
Out of the 12 accused arrested so far, 11 are at
present lodged at Sabarmati jail in Ahmedabad for their
alleged role in serial blasts of July 26 last year there.
Many of them are also wanted in Jaipur serial blasts
cases and Hyderabad twin blasts.
A series of blasts had rocked the national capital on
September 13 last year, killing 26 persons and injuring 135
- Exercise Red Flag: Can IAF pilots outgun American top guns?
- BSEAP.org SSC Results 2016: BSEAP 10th X Class SSC Andhra Pradesh Board Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared on May 5 on manabadi.co.in
- IPL 2016: Delhi Daredevils vs Rising Pune Supergiants, Preview - Match 33 at Feroz Shah Kotla
- Xiaomi Mi 5, Redmi Note 3 open sale to begin shortly; no need for registration
- MUST WATCH: Five amazing similarties between two world leaders - PM Narendra Modi and Russian President Vladimir Putin