No video conferencing proceedings in Delhi blasts cases
New Delhi: The court proceedings in Delhi
serial blasts cases would not be conducted through video
conferencing as the authorities of Ahmedabad jail, where 11
accused are now lodged, today told a court here that no such
facility was available with them.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate Kaveri Baweja disposed of
the application filed by the Delhi Police which had said that
since the accused were not being produced in the courts
despite production warrants, the jail authorities of different
states may be directed to arrange their production through
video conferencing in the interest of justice in the cases
"Since there is a message from Sabarmati central jail
authorities that the video conferencing facility is available
only in respect of Ahmedabad courts, the application filed by
the Delhi Police is disposed of," the court said.
In contrast, the Maharashtra jail authorities had
replied to a court query in this regard stating that they
could make available video conferencing facilities from Arthur
Road jail where a few of the accused were then lodged for
their case pending before a MCOCA court.
Out of the 12 accused arrested so far, 11 are at
present lodged at Sabarmati jail in Ahmedabad for their
alleged role in serial blasts of July 26 last year there.
Many of them are also wanted in Jaipur serial blasts
cases and Hyderabad twin blasts.
A series of blasts had rocked the national capital on
September 13 last year, killing 26 persons and injuring 135
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31