Noida land scam: Rajiv Kumar records statement
Ghaziabad: Senior IAS officer Rajiv Kumar, facing trial for his alleged role in the Noida land allotment scam, on Monday appeared in a special court and refuted allegations against him.
He denied the allegations during recording of his statement in the court of CBI special judge Shyam Lal.
The case relates to the alleged out-of-turn allotment of land to Kumar in 1994 by erstwhile Noida Development Authority Chairperson Neera Yadav. Kumar was her junior at the time.
During the day`s proceeding, Yadav failed to appear before the court and her counsel filed an application on her behalf seeking exemptions from appearance in the court today on the grounds of ill health.
Yadav has already been convicted and sentenced to four years in another case related to the land allotment scam. She was earlier granted bail by the Allahabad High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert