Noida land scam: Rajiv Kumar records statement
Ghaziabad: Senior IAS officer Rajiv Kumar, facing trial for his alleged role in the Noida land allotment scam, on Monday appeared in a special court and refuted allegations against him.
He denied the allegations during recording of his statement in the court of CBI special judge Shyam Lal.
The case relates to the alleged out-of-turn allotment of land to Kumar in 1994 by erstwhile Noida Development Authority Chairperson Neera Yadav. Kumar was her junior at the time.
During the day`s proceeding, Yadav failed to appear before the court and her counsel filed an application on her behalf seeking exemptions from appearance in the court today on the grounds of ill health.
Yadav has already been convicted and sentenced to four years in another case related to the land allotment scam. She was earlier granted bail by the Allahabad High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok