Noida land scam: Rajiv Kumar records statement
Ghaziabad: Senior IAS officer Rajiv Kumar, facing trial for his alleged role in the Noida land allotment scam, on Monday appeared in a special court and refuted allegations against him.
He denied the allegations during recording of his statement in the court of CBI special judge Shyam Lal.
The case relates to the alleged out-of-turn allotment of land to Kumar in 1994 by erstwhile Noida Development Authority Chairperson Neera Yadav. Kumar was her junior at the time.
During the day`s proceeding, Yadav failed to appear before the court and her counsel filed an application on her behalf seeking exemptions from appearance in the court today on the grounds of ill health.
Yadav has already been convicted and sentenced to four years in another case related to the land allotment scam. She was earlier granted bail by the Allahabad High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus