Noida land scam: Rajiv Kumar records statement
Ghaziabad: Senior IAS officer Rajiv Kumar, facing trial for his alleged role in the Noida land allotment scam, on Monday appeared in a special court and refuted allegations against him.
He denied the allegations during recording of his statement in the court of CBI special judge Shyam Lal.
The case relates to the alleged out-of-turn allotment of land to Kumar in 1994 by erstwhile Noida Development Authority Chairperson Neera Yadav. Kumar was her junior at the time.
During the day`s proceeding, Yadav failed to appear before the court and her counsel filed an application on her behalf seeking exemptions from appearance in the court today on the grounds of ill health.
Yadav has already been convicted and sentenced to four years in another case related to the land allotment scam. She was earlier granted bail by the Allahabad High Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- India's economy never been in stronger position than today: Parekh
- HP's privacy screen secures notebooks from visual hacking
- PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Jitu Rai receive Khel Ratna award
- Significance of why Lord Shiva wears tiger skin! Read more
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra rock 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions—Watch video!