Noida Metro line extended to Dwarka Sec-21
New Delhi: Delhi Metro`s over-crowded Noida
line was on Saturday extended up to Dwarka Sector 21 with the
opening of a small stretch, benefiting thousands of people in
The 2.76-km stretch from Dwarka Sector 9 to Dwarka Sector
21 was thrown open to the public at 6 AM without much fanfare.
Station Master of the Dwarka Sec-21 station flagged off
the first train going towards Noida City Centre in presence of
senior DMRC officials, days after the line received the
mandatory clearance from the Commissioner of Metro Rail
The opening of the line is significant as Dwarka Sec-21
will become a major interchange station once the showcase
Airport Express Line becomes operational sometime next month.
With the addition of two stations today, the Metro train
services presently available on Line 3 (Dwarka Sec-9 to Noida
City Centre/Anand Vihar) have been extended to Dwarka Sec 8
and Dwarka Sec 21 Metro stations.
The DMRC now has a total operational Metro network of
approximately 156 km dotted with 132 stations.
At present, 58 trains are catering to the operational
requirements on Line 3, which carries over 6 lakh people every
The extension of Metro services up to Dwarka Sector 21
will help people coming from the residential colonies of
Dwarka Sector 8 and Sector 21.
People are happy with the new Metro connectivity
"I spend almost Rs 60 everyday to travel from my home to
Dwarka Sec-9 station and back. Now I can save both money and
time," Anushka, a beautician, said, adding she would no longer
be at the mercy of auto drivers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal