Noida Metro line extended to Dwarka Sec-21
New Delhi: Delhi Metro`s over-crowded Noida
line was on Saturday extended up to Dwarka Sector 21 with the
opening of a small stretch, benefiting thousands of people in
The 2.76-km stretch from Dwarka Sector 9 to Dwarka Sector
21 was thrown open to the public at 6 AM without much fanfare.
Station Master of the Dwarka Sec-21 station flagged off
the first train going towards Noida City Centre in presence of
senior DMRC officials, days after the line received the
mandatory clearance from the Commissioner of Metro Rail
The opening of the line is significant as Dwarka Sec-21
will become a major interchange station once the showcase
Airport Express Line becomes operational sometime next month.
With the addition of two stations today, the Metro train
services presently available on Line 3 (Dwarka Sec-9 to Noida
City Centre/Anand Vihar) have been extended to Dwarka Sec 8
and Dwarka Sec 21 Metro stations.
The DMRC now has a total operational Metro network of
approximately 156 km dotted with 132 stations.
At present, 58 trains are catering to the operational
requirements on Line 3, which carries over 6 lakh people every
The extension of Metro services up to Dwarka Sector 21
will help people coming from the residential colonies of
Dwarka Sector 8 and Sector 21.
People are happy with the new Metro connectivity
"I spend almost Rs 60 everyday to travel from my home to
Dwarka Sec-9 station and back. Now I can save both money and
time," Anushka, a beautician, said, adding she would no longer
be at the mercy of auto drivers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest