Noida Metro line extended to Dwarka Sec-21
New Delhi: Delhi Metro`s over-crowded Noida
line was on Saturday extended up to Dwarka Sector 21 with the
opening of a small stretch, benefiting thousands of people in
The 2.76-km stretch from Dwarka Sector 9 to Dwarka Sector
21 was thrown open to the public at 6 AM without much fanfare.
Station Master of the Dwarka Sec-21 station flagged off
the first train going towards Noida City Centre in presence of
senior DMRC officials, days after the line received the
mandatory clearance from the Commissioner of Metro Rail
The opening of the line is significant as Dwarka Sec-21
will become a major interchange station once the showcase
Airport Express Line becomes operational sometime next month.
With the addition of two stations today, the Metro train
services presently available on Line 3 (Dwarka Sec-9 to Noida
City Centre/Anand Vihar) have been extended to Dwarka Sec 8
and Dwarka Sec 21 Metro stations.
The DMRC now has a total operational Metro network of
approximately 156 km dotted with 132 stations.
At present, 58 trains are catering to the operational
requirements on Line 3, which carries over 6 lakh people every
The extension of Metro services up to Dwarka Sector 21
will help people coming from the residential colonies of
Dwarka Sector 8 and Sector 21.
People are happy with the new Metro connectivity
"I spend almost Rs 60 everyday to travel from my home to
Dwarka Sec-9 station and back. Now I can save both money and
time," Anushka, a beautician, said, adding she would no longer
be at the mercy of auto drivers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow