Noida plot scam: PIL filed against IAS officer
Lucknow: A PIL has been submitted in the Allahabad High Court seeking dismissal of Principal Secretary (appointment) Rajiv Kumar, who was convicted by a CBI court in the Noida plot allotment scam.
The court has fixed January 16 as the date of hearing in the matter.
In his public interest litigation (PIL), senior journalist Sanjay Sharma said that the IAS officer was sentenced to three years imprisonment by a special CBI court in the Noida plot allotment scam, along with former UP Chief Secretary Neera Yadav, and should be dismissed on the ground that a convict cannot be permitted to continue holding public office.
He said that the officer should be dismissed from service during pendency of the criminal appeal filed by him against his conviction.
The CBI special judge S Lal had awarded three years sentence to Rajeev and Yadav on November 21 last year and a fine of Rs 1 lakh each was also imposed on them.
It was alleged that Yadav entered into a criminal conspiracy with 1983 batch officer Rajeev, the then deputy chief executive officer Noida to change the land use of a plot which was embarked as a guest house and also increased its area in violation of norms.
Rajiv has challenged the orders before the Allahabad High court through a criminal appeal and after the admission of which, the court released him on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez