Noida plot scam: PIL filed against IAS officer
Lucknow: A PIL has been submitted in the Allahabad High Court seeking dismissal of Principal Secretary (appointment) Rajiv Kumar, who was convicted by a CBI court in the Noida plot allotment scam.
The court has fixed January 16 as the date of hearing in the matter.
In his public interest litigation (PIL), senior journalist Sanjay Sharma said that the IAS officer was sentenced to three years imprisonment by a special CBI court in the Noida plot allotment scam, along with former UP Chief Secretary Neera Yadav, and should be dismissed on the ground that a convict cannot be permitted to continue holding public office.
He said that the officer should be dismissed from service during pendency of the criminal appeal filed by him against his conviction.
The CBI special judge S Lal had awarded three years sentence to Rajeev and Yadav on November 21 last year and a fine of Rs 1 lakh each was also imposed on them.
It was alleged that Yadav entered into a criminal conspiracy with 1983 batch officer Rajeev, the then deputy chief executive officer Noida to change the land use of a plot which was embarked as a guest house and also increased its area in violation of norms.
Rajiv has challenged the orders before the Allahabad High court through a criminal appeal and after the admission of which, the court released him on bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video