Noida rape-murder case: Two accused sent to 14-day judicial custody
Noida: Two accused in the alleged rape and murder case of a 21-year-old woman factory worker here were on Monday sent to 14-day judicial custody.
The two arrested accused have been identified as Naresh and Kailash. The third accused Udeyveer is absconding, SSP Praveen Kumar said on Monday.
Naresh had once worked in the same garment export house where the victim was working and had promised to marry her. However, the woman came to know that he was already married and started avoiding him.
Naresh told police that the woman was threatening to lodge an FIR against him and he got scared and hatched a plan to kill her.
On the fateful day, he took her to an underconstruction factory at Sector 63 where two other accomplices Kaliash and Udaiveer were present.
Kailash and Udeyveer also had enmity with the woman. The victim had in the past complained to police against Kailash. Udeyveer had few years ago forcibly entered her house and molested her.
"Whether the woman was raped would be confirmed once the medical report is received. However, from the scene of crime we suspect the accused tried to rape her," said a senior police officer.
"We are further interrogating the arrested accused to get more details. A manhunt has been launched to arrest the third absconding accused Udeyveer," Kumar said.
Four policemen were on Sunday suspended and the SHO was shunted to police line in the wake of the incident.
Shocked over the incident, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav had announced a compensation of Rs 15 lakh and a job to the victim`s family.
The semi-nude body of the girl bearing injury marks was found on Saturday morning from Pushta area in Sector 63.
The woman was cremated yesterday amid allegations from her family members that the police had earlier refused to file a complaint, and later delayed handing over her body.
The woman, who was the eldest daughter, had stayed late on the fateful day to earn extra bucks for her family.
(With PTI inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden