Noida villagers protest power cuts, hold staff captive
Noida: Enraged over unscheduled power outages, villagers on Saturday staged protest outside a power sub-station here and held the staff there captive for nearly a couple of hours.
Angry locals assembled at the Dhoom Manikpur sub-station and shouted slogans against the the power distribution company and state government.
They alleged that despite government orders to provide 16 hours of electricity, villages are hardly getting it for 3-4 hours as the same is being diverted to the industries.
They further said power cables in the villages are damaged and in need of replacement, but the company is not doing anything in this regard.
The protesters ended their agitation after being pacified by senior district officials including SDO Manoj Aggarwal, who assured them of necessary action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview