Noida villagers protest power cuts, hold staff captive
Noida: Enraged over unscheduled power outages, villagers on Saturday staged protest outside a power sub-station here and held the staff there captive for nearly a couple of hours.
Angry locals assembled at the Dhoom Manikpur sub-station and shouted slogans against the the power distribution company and state government.
They alleged that despite government orders to provide 16 hours of electricity, villages are hardly getting it for 3-4 hours as the same is being diverted to the industries.
They further said power cables in the villages are damaged and in need of replacement, but the company is not doing anything in this regard.
The protesters ended their agitation after being pacified by senior district officials including SDO Manoj Aggarwal, who assured them of necessary action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!