Noida villagers protest power cuts, hold staff captive
Noida: Enraged over unscheduled power outages, villagers on Saturday staged protest outside a power sub-station here and held the staff there captive for nearly a couple of hours.
Angry locals assembled at the Dhoom Manikpur sub-station and shouted slogans against the the power distribution company and state government.
They alleged that despite government orders to provide 16 hours of electricity, villages are hardly getting it for 3-4 hours as the same is being diverted to the industries.
They further said power cables in the villages are damaged and in need of replacement, but the company is not doing anything in this regard.
The protesters ended their agitation after being pacified by senior district officials including SDO Manoj Aggarwal, who assured them of necessary action.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing