Nominations of Sachin Tendulkar, Rekha to RS for political gains: AAP
Varanasi: AAP on Friday attacked Congress for nominating former cricketer Sachin Tendulkar and actress Rekha to Rajya Sabha, whose continuous absence from the House in this session has raised eyebrows, saying it was done for political gains which turned out to be futile.
AAP leader Sanjay Singh alleged that Sachin and Rekha had not raised any question in the Rajya Sabha on the issues related to?farmers, sports, janlokpal, corruption and Budget.
"There nomination in the Rajya Sabha completely turned out to be useless," he said.
Singh along with another AAP leader Anand Kumar, in a joint press conference here, accused BJP of not doing anything to control inflation.
When asked what rare good things AAP had observed in the last two months of NDA government, Singh while pointing to Prime Minister Narendra Modi`s visit to Nepal said, "Narendra Modi`s approach for friendship in order to further improve relationship with the neighbouring countries was one of the few good work of this government and is appreciated by them."
Singh, however, accused Modi of "doing nothing" on the cease-fire violations by Pakistan and intrusion of China into India territory.
"Earlier, when BJP was in Opposition, it had regularly targeted Manmohan Singh government over the cease-fire violations by Pakistan and intrusion of China into Indian territories, but when they (NDA) are now in power, they themselves are doing nothing on these matters," Singh said.
The AAP leaders said Pakistan had made 19 cease fire violations in the last two months, since the formation of NDA government, even China intruded into Indian territories but NDA government did nothing till date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened