Norms for seeking Annashree scheme eased in Delhi
New Delhi: Poor people seeking benefit under the Annashree scheme of Delhi government will now be able to get income certificate from MLAs and MPs or can submit an affidavit about their earning under liberalized norms for availing the benefit.
Under the scheme, monthly cash subsidy of Rs 600 is transferred directly into Aadhaar-linked bank account of the senior-most female member of the beneficiary families. The scheme was launched in December last year and so far 1.20 lakh beneficiaries have been included under it.
A meeting of Delhi cabinet, presided by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, today decided to liberalise norms for issuance of income certificates to applicants of Annashree scheme.
"In order to make it broad-based, the cabinet decided to dispense with the condition of submitting an annual income certificate from the sub divisional magistrates," Dikshit said.
Dikshit said it has been decided that an affidavit or a certificate of an MLA or an MP concerned would be an admissible document for proof of income for the applicants of the scheme.
Any household, whose head has been a resident of Delhi for at least three years and the annual family income is not more than Rs 1 lakh, will be eligible for benefit under the scheme.
Dikshit expressed confidence that relaxation of the criteria for procuring income certificate would help include more people under the scheme.
The cabinet also decided to allow continuation of a number of educational institutions functioning in non-conforming areas for another academic year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared