North Delhi civic body to announce Chhath holiday
New Delhi: North Delhi Municipal Corporation is planning to announce a holiday on November 19 on the occasion of Chhath Puja.
"NDMC is planning to announce holiday on `Chhath Puja` for all its offices and institutions, keeping in mind the sentiments of the Poorvanchalis," Leader of the house in NDMC, Mahinder Nagpal said on Thursday.
The final decision in this regard will be taken in the Corporation`s meeting slated on October 30, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are festivals and other social fete being manipulated for political benefits?
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Tips to treat minor burns at home!
- UEFA Champions League draw: Barca reunion for Guardiola, Madrid get Dortmund, Arsenal pair PSG
- Clinton tops 50% support from US voters in latest poll
- Bihar floods kill eight more; water recedes in UP but still in red
- Tired of frequent dandruff problem? Try these home remedies!