North East Cultural Centre to be set up in Delhi
New Delhi: The Government will set up a North
East Cultural Centre here to promote rich and diverse culture
and heritage of the region.
The Centre will be set up jointly by the Ministry of
Development of North Eastern Region (DONER) and the Culture
DONER Minister B K Handique said the Centre will be
established within the complex of Centre for Cultural
Resources and Training (CCRT) at Dwarka in West Delhi.
"This is one of the outcomes of discussions Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh had with a delegation of students from the
North East in December 2009," Handique said.
He said the NECC will be a permanent platform in the
national capital for cultural exchange not only among the
people of the North East living in Delhi but also with those
from other parts of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan able to target Delhi from Kahuta near Rawalpindi in five minutes: Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan
- US zoo kills gorilla after 3-year-old boy falls into enclosure
- EC cancels polls for two remaining Tamil Nadu Assembly seats - Know why
- Cloudbursts, rainfall in Tehri district of Uttarakhand; Gangotri-Kedarnath road closed, pilgrims stranded
- WATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid - UEFA Champions League final