North East Cultural Centre to be set up in Delhi
New Delhi: The Government will set up a North
East Cultural Centre here to promote rich and diverse culture
and heritage of the region.
The Centre will be set up jointly by the Ministry of
Development of North Eastern Region (DONER) and the Culture
DONER Minister B K Handique said the Centre will be
established within the complex of Centre for Cultural
Resources and Training (CCRT) at Dwarka in West Delhi.
"This is one of the outcomes of discussions Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh had with a delegation of students from the
North East in December 2009," Handique said.
He said the NECC will be a permanent platform in the
national capital for cultural exchange not only among the
people of the North East living in Delhi but also with those
from other parts of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray