Not just milk, Mother Dairy to sell sweets too
New Delhi: Sensing business potential in making milk-based sweets, Mother Dairy has launched traditional sweets ahead of Diwali.
Mother Dairy, the largest milk supplier in the national capital region, said sweets will be available at its selected retail outlets along with local kirana stores.
"With reports coming in rampantly about adulterated khoya and sweets being sold during festive seasons, Mother Dairy took the decision to launch traditional sweets hence giving the consumers a safe and pure alternative in sweets," Mother Dairy Business Head (Dairy Products) Subhasis Basu said today.
It has launched khoya, chenna kheer, kaju barfi, kaju pista rolls, dodda burfi and milk cake.
There was also a need for khoya in consumer packs from a credible source since most of the households use it for making various sweets, he added.
Basu said the company would itself manufacture sweets and also enagage third-party for the purpose.
"Of the new offerings, we will continue to sell khoya and chenna kheer. But for the gift pack containing kaju barfi, kaju pista rolls, dodda barfi and milk cake, we will take a call after Diwali looking at response," he said.
Mother Dairy was commissioned under the flagship `Operation Flood` project of the National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) in 1974. Mother Dairy Fruits & Vegetable Ltd is a wholly owned subsidiary of NDDB.
Mother Dairy has been a market leader in the branded milk segment in Delhi and sells close to 30 lakh litres per day in the city. It offers ice creams, dahi, lassi, flavoured milk, butter, cheese and UHT milk.
That apart, the company markets nationally frozen foods and juices under the brand name `Safal`. The Dhara range of edible oil is also manufactured and marketed by Mother Dairy across various markets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!