Nothing new in President`s speech: TDP
New Delhi: The Telugu Desam Party (TDP) on Monday dubbed the President`s address to Parliament as a
"repeat" of old speeches and said it lacked any dynamism to
show that the government was making efforts to boost public
"There is nothing new in the address. It is a repeat
of old speeches," TDP leader in the Lok Sabha Nama Nageshwar
Rao told reporters here.
He said the President`s address lacked direction to
deal with situation in Jammu and Kashmir, terrorism and Left
He said while on the one hand the government was
talking of dealing with the issue of black money stashed
abroad, on the other it was encouraging private investment in
infrastructure projects where, he alleged, that such funds are
"Black money flows into India through tax havens in
the name of investment in infrastructure projects," he said.
Rao said corruption cannot be tackled by state funding
of elections or electoral reforms and demanded stringent steps
to deal with the issue.
He said the continued instances of farmers committing
suicide indicated that the farming community lacked confidence
in the UPA government. "No solution has been found to the
rising input cost in agriculture," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown