Notice issued to Asaram’s Ghaziabad ashram
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: As controversial spiritual guru Asaram Bapu, who was arrested for sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl, continues to remain in jail, an ashram of his in Ghaziabad has come under the scanner.
The Ghaziabad administration has issued notice to Asaram’s ashram in the Delhi NCR region for non-payment of property tax, water bills and sewer tax.
Asaram, 72, is currently lodged in Jodhpur Central Jail after a court last week sent him to 14-day judicial custody.
The minor has alleged that the sexual assault took place August 15 at Asaram`s ashram outside Jodhpur city and the complaint was filed by her August 20. The godman has denied the charge. Police, however, claimed they had a water-tight case against him.
Asaram has been booked under various sections of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act and the Indian Penal Code. He has denied the allegations.
The spiritual guru was arrested from Indore in Madhya Pradesh Sep 1 and brought to Rajasthan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy