Notice issued to Asaram’s Ghaziabad ashram
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: As controversial spiritual guru Asaram Bapu, who was arrested for sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl, continues to remain in jail, an ashram of his in Ghaziabad has come under the scanner.
The Ghaziabad administration has issued notice to Asaram’s ashram in the Delhi NCR region for non-payment of property tax, water bills and sewer tax.
Asaram, 72, is currently lodged in Jodhpur Central Jail after a court last week sent him to 14-day judicial custody.
The minor has alleged that the sexual assault took place August 15 at Asaram`s ashram outside Jodhpur city and the complaint was filed by her August 20. The godman has denied the charge. Police, however, claimed they had a water-tight case against him.
Asaram has been booked under various sections of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences Act and the Indian Penal Code. He has denied the allegations.
The spiritual guru was arrested from Indore in Madhya Pradesh Sep 1 and brought to Rajasthan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok