Notice to Hindu College over sports, extra-curricular quota
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court Monday issued notice to Hindu College on a plea by an admission seeker against scrapping of the five percent quota for admission to undergraduate courses for sportspersons and for extra-curricular activities (ECA).
Justice Manmohan sought a response from the college while hearing the plea of Vishal Maharaj, who contended that Hindu College has 37 seats available under the ECA category but it scrapped the quota.
The student sought quashing of the college`s notification where it decided to scrap the sports and ECA category for the current session.
The plea said that according to the guidelines of Delhi University, of the total number of seats, a college has to reserve five percent seats for sportspersons and in the ECA category.
The college`s acting principal July 4 declared that there will be no ECA admissions for the academic year 2014-2015 in the college, said the plea.
It contended that the decision was not only whimsical and arbitrary but also against the university guidelines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli-Dhoni stand keeps India in hunt
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'