Notice to IO for production of witness in Geetika suicide case
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Wednesday issued notice to the investigating officer of Geetika Sharma suicide case, involving former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda as an accused, to produce before it a key witness who has allegedly fled to the US.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate DK Jangala issued notice to the IO seeking his version on whereabouts of witness Chanshivroop, an employee in the MDLR company of Kanda, who along with Aruna Chaddha, is facing prosecution in the case for abetting the suicide.
Chanshivroop was an assistant manager in the human resources department in MDLR company and used to report to Chaddha, the police had said.
He was apprehended for allegedly harassing Geetika after the cops got to know that he had gone to Dubai on Kanda`s behest to force the air hostess to return to India. He had also allegedly sent threatening mails to her.
Chanshivroop was arrested in November for forgery and was later released on bail. He became a police witness in early November but cops did not seize his passport at that time.
He was last seen when he had recorded his statement in court on November 27.
According to police, Chanshivroop first went to Abu Dhabi and then to Dubai from where he boarded a flight to New York.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read