Notice to police over wrong treatment by Gurgaon hospital
Gurgaon: A judicial magistrate`s court here has issued notice to police for failing to submit the status report of a probe into the alleged cheating and wrong treatment of a minor girl by Fortis Memorial Research Institute, a lawyer said Sunday.
Owner of the Fortis Memorial Research Institute Malvinder Mohan Singh and doctors Sanjeev K. Choudhary, Neeraj Parkash, Ritu Chadha, Nandini Vasdev, Vineet Pant and Abhinav Singhal were booked for breach of trust, cheating, criminal conspiracy, wrongly treating the patient and some other sections of the Indian Penal Code Jan 11.
Siddharth Punia, a resident of Gurgaon`s DLF-5 area in Sector 54, had moved to the district court, saying his daughter Rutvi, four, complained of pain in the joints in November and was taken to an orthopaedics specialist at Fortis, who referred the case to a paediatric rheumatologist at Delhi`s Sir Ganga Ram Hospital as there was no clinical finding of any abnormality.
The doctors found the child normal after clinical examination but suggested some more tests.
The family got the tests done at the Fortis SRL Lab here in December, but were shocked to see the report putting Rutvi`s lactate dehydrogenase count at 610 (against the biological reference range of 81-234), indicating her body tissues were disintegrating.
Punia said that on the basis of the report, the child had to undergo many more tests, which again came out be normal.
"The Fortis hospital caused me and my family mental trauma by generating wrong test reports of my daughter, which indicated she was gravely ill and even after they were disproved, they refused to admit their error," Punia told the court.
The court had directed Sushant Lok police to register a case, investigate the matter and submit a report on or before Jan 25.
During Saturday`s hearing, "the court issued notice to Sushant Lok police station chief and the investigating officer to appear before it Feb 7 with investigation status report", Sandeep Chaudhary, counsel of the victim told.
Meanwhile, investigating officer Vijay Kumar, who was absent from the hearing, said: "We haven`t received any notice... we are investigating the case."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’