Notices issued to 25 Private schools indicted by CAG, DoE tells HC
New Delhi: The Directorate of Education
(DoE) of Delhi government today told the Delhi High Court that
notices were issued to 25 unaided private schools here
following their indictment by the Comptroller and Auditor
General (CAG) for accounting malpractices including faking the
"We (DoE) have already issued notices to 25 erring
schools," the counsel, appearing for the schools` regulator,
told a bench of Justices A K Sikri and Sidhharth Mridul said.
The DoE said the show cause notices were issued in
pursuance of the CAG`s report relating to financial year of
2006 to 2009.
Meanwhile, Ashok Aggarwal, counsel for the `Delhi
Abhibhavak Mahasangh`, sought an investigation by an agency
like CBI into the irregularities pointed out by the CAG in the
"The CAG reports reveals not only several accounting
malpractices but commission of criminal offences. Some agency
like CBI be asked to investigate into it," Aggarwal said.
Advancing the arguments, he said "as the new academic
year is about to commence, the schools, which faked the loss,
be restrained from raising fee as it is next to impossible to
get it (hike) rolled back. Now, it is established that they
are earning profits."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Heat wave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan Lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India