Notices issued to 25 Private schools indicted by CAG, DoE tells HC
New Delhi: The Directorate of Education
(DoE) of Delhi government today told the Delhi High Court that
notices were issued to 25 unaided private schools here
following their indictment by the Comptroller and Auditor
General (CAG) for accounting malpractices including faking the
"We (DoE) have already issued notices to 25 erring
schools," the counsel, appearing for the schools` regulator,
told a bench of Justices A K Sikri and Sidhharth Mridul said.
The DoE said the show cause notices were issued in
pursuance of the CAG`s report relating to financial year of
2006 to 2009.
Meanwhile, Ashok Aggarwal, counsel for the `Delhi
Abhibhavak Mahasangh`, sought an investigation by an agency
like CBI into the irregularities pointed out by the CAG in the
"The CAG reports reveals not only several accounting
malpractices but commission of criminal offences. Some agency
like CBI be asked to investigate into it," Aggarwal said.
Advancing the arguments, he said "as the new academic
year is about to commence, the schools, which faked the loss,
be restrained from raising fee as it is next to impossible to
get it (hike) rolled back. Now, it is established that they
are earning profits."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Hearing test may identify infants with autism risk
- Auto-rickshaw strike in Delhi, commuters hit hard
- 7th Pay Commission: Notification issued; central govt employees, pensioners to get increased payout for August
- Video alert! Divyanka Tripathi - Vivek Dahiya’s wedding teaser will inspire you to fall in love
- Watch: Fire officials rescue calf after it fell into well in Mirzapur