Notorious gangster arrested from northeast Delhi
New Delhi: A gangster, involved in several cases of murder and robbery and carrying a reward of Rs 1 lakh on his head, was arrested from Jafrabad area of northeast Delhi.
According to police, Abdul Nasir alias Khayber Hayat was arrested on November 2 while he was visiting his home in Jafrabad.
"26-year-old Nasir led a gang with his associate Hashim Baba and has been involved in over eight heinous cases of murder, attempt to murder, rioting and robbery," said Sanjeev Kumar Yadav, DCP of Special Cell, Delhi Police.
A cash reward of Rs one lakh had been declared on his arrest by the Commissioner of Police.
In 2010, Nasir was arrested by the Special Cell of Delhi Police along with his gang members for committing a robbery of Rs 55 lakhs.
"With this case, association of Nasir with the dreaded Sahmim-Chimman gang was exposed," Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why