Notorious gangster arrested from northeast Delhi
New Delhi: A gangster, involved in several cases of murder and robbery and carrying a reward of Rs 1 lakh on his head, was arrested from Jafrabad area of northeast Delhi.
According to police, Abdul Nasir alias Khayber Hayat was arrested on November 2 while he was visiting his home in Jafrabad.
"26-year-old Nasir led a gang with his associate Hashim Baba and has been involved in over eight heinous cases of murder, attempt to murder, rioting and robbery," said Sanjeev Kumar Yadav, DCP of Special Cell, Delhi Police.
A cash reward of Rs one lakh had been declared on his arrest by the Commissioner of Police.
In 2010, Nasir was arrested by the Special Cell of Delhi Police along with his gang members for committing a robbery of Rs 55 lakhs.
"With this case, association of Nasir with the dreaded Sahmim-Chimman gang was exposed," Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss