Notorious gangster arrested from northeast Delhi
New Delhi: A gangster, involved in several cases of murder and robbery and carrying a reward of Rs 1 lakh on his head, was arrested from Jafrabad area of northeast Delhi.
According to police, Abdul Nasir alias Khayber Hayat was arrested on November 2 while he was visiting his home in Jafrabad.
"26-year-old Nasir led a gang with his associate Hashim Baba and has been involved in over eight heinous cases of murder, attempt to murder, rioting and robbery," said Sanjeev Kumar Yadav, DCP of Special Cell, Delhi Police.
A cash reward of Rs one lakh had been declared on his arrest by the Commissioner of Police.
In 2010, Nasir was arrested by the Special Cell of Delhi Police along with his gang members for committing a robbery of Rs 55 lakhs.
"With this case, association of Nasir with the dreaded Sahmim-Chimman gang was exposed," Yadav said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says