Now AAP wants voting on introduction of Jan Lokpal Bill
New Delhi: Amidst the debate on whether the Jan Lokpal bill can be introduced in the Assembly without prior approval of the Centre, the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) on Wednesday demanded voting even for the introduction of the Bill.
The party, however, said that even if Congress and BJP vote against the tabling of the Bill, the government will resign.
"Let there be a voting on tabling of the Bill. If Congress and BJP are against the tabling of the bill, its their wish.
"Even if they vote against the tabling of the Bill, probably, in that event the government will go," party leader and senior lawyer Prashant Bhushan said after party`s Political Affairs Committee meeting.
He said that the party`s agenda is to get the Jan Lokpal Bill passed and if that doesn`t happen the government will quit.
The Delhi government is expected to introduce the Bill in Assembly tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part III
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part IV
- Amitabh Bachchan proud of hosting girl child segment at government's gala
- LGBT community won't be free till section 377 exists: Celina Jaitley
- Premature babies at greater of risk of osteoporosis in adulthood
- Government to crack down on savings scams as PM Modi backs banking for all
- Is your SOUL mature enough? Find out here